MOVING CHECK LIST - 4 WEEKS BEFORE THE MOVE
Friday Dec 07th, 2018Share
Now’s the time to start gathering important documents that you’ll need to bring with you to your new place. You should also start doing things like selling and donating items. It will be a lot easier to complete items on your moving checklist when you’re not bogged down in possession that you neither want nor need.
4 weeks before you move:
1. Purchase moving insurance to cover all your belongings during the move. If you have to store your belongings for any period of time, you will want to have insurance to cover the time they will be in storage.
2. Use or donate items that you can’t pack or sell, such as frozen foods, bleach, and aerosol cans.
3. Gather all financial and legal records birth certificates and passports for everyone in your home in one place. Carry important documents on your person during your move.
4. If this is your first home or moving from an apartment, you may want to find a landscaper and snow removal service in your new neighborhood. If you are the do it yourself type, you will need to buy a lawnmower, rakes, shovels so you can maintain your property. See about having the store shipping the items to your new place.
5. If you’re moving out of town, you will need to:
- find a new doctor, dentist, and vet in your new neighborhood. Compile medical, dental, and optical records for everyone in your home to give to the new doctors.
- make sure you return your library books or other rental items. Pick up clothes from the dry cleaner.
6. Make sure your pets have ID tags for their collars. Request copies of vet records and get any necessary pet medication. If you’re moving out of the country, make sure your pets have all necessary vaccinations.
7. Shop around for cable, internet, and phone bundles. Then, schedule installation and/or cancel your old services.
8. Make a moving day playlist to enjoy while moving and unpacking.
Be sure to check out Moving Check List 2 Weeks Before the Move to see what is next!